Dec 13, 2007

WELCOME

Welcome to The Blind Eye.
As obvious as it may seem, sometimes a camera captures what the eye can't see. Or some other times your eyes see what someone else's can't see. And viceversa.
I never thought I had a talent as a photographer, nor would I dare call myself a photographer. But on a specific occasion, I suddendly realised that having had a camera in my hands, I would have shot different subjects and from different angles compared to what the professional photographers around me were doing. They just had a different perspective. What I do is just out of curiosity. In my constant search for inspiration, I particularly like to shoot in the dark and from unusual angles, trying to catch things where the eye wouldn't normally look. I also like to shoot underexposed, blurry, out of focus, on purpose, sometimes hiding, or almost missing, the direct object of interest, mostly from an ironic point of view - if I find it ironic. I like it when my mind is challenged to look beyond surface, I hope you do too.

Enjoy.

G

No comments: